HELLO! NICE TO MEET YOU
We’re a community-driven PR and Digital Marketing agency for changemakers, powered by social justice. We’re a small, mighty, diverse and fully remote team that believes we can use our communications expertise to make a difference in our communities.
COMPENSATION & CULTURE
- Salary for all director level positions is $95K.
- We offer these outrageously awesome benefits, a four-day work week and a paid winter break between Dec 25 and New Years.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
- Mixte is committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included and respected (see our employee survey results). We encourage candidates to apply who are from Native American and Indigenous communities, communities of color and LGBTQIA+ communities, as well as folks who are from, or who have experience working, in social justice communities.
- Our core values drive everything we do – from the clients we work with to the way we operate as a team. We don’t advertise on Meta platforms, as it actively goes against our values, and we run our paid job training program for underrepresented communities
- We support every employee through professional development courses mapped to a customized 23-step proprietary program at Mixte.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
- You are dedicated to social justice – both in your local community and broader – and you get fired up reading the news.
- You understand the power of strategic, long-term communications to build trusting audiences and drive them to action, which leads to real change.
- You’re looking to put your significant experience to work in creating lasting change, rather than using it to climb a corporate ladder.
- You have a lot of experience leading teams, and you know how to inspire them to think big and trust them to deliver high-quality results.
- You’re inspired by the idea of being a part of a small and nimble team where everyone has the opportunity to collaborate and surface ideas without the bureaucracy of larger companies.
- You have high levels of emotional intelligence and love building long-term relationships.
- Your experience working for other employers – both the good and the bad – has allowed you to crystallize exactly what you’re looking for in your next career, and you won’t sacrifice that vision for any job.
- You’re excited by – and have tremendous experience in – a 100% remote working environment. You appreciate the perks of working from home and you know how to produce stellar results virtually.
As an Account Director at Mixte, you will have a vision for leveraging public relations and digital marketing to build passionate, connected communities, drive social impact and increase Mixte’s visibility as a communications agency focused on changemakers. As part of the company’s leadership team, this role will report to the Vice President of PR & Digital, while partnering closely with the other Directors and collaborating daily with Project Managers and Specialists.
- Engage in financial, operational and HR conversations as part of the leadership team
- Lead around 8 accounts and develop trusting, long-term relationships with clients who renew contracts year over year
- Use your emotional intelligence to foresee and respond to client concerns before they materialize into something bigger
- Lead a team of highly skilled communications professionals to activate on projects with alignment on the bigger picture vision and long-term goals
- Collaborate with other Directors to develop solutions for necessary processes, noticeable trends, company-wide systems, shared client needs, team needs and more
- Find technological solutions to day-to-day challenges so we can work smarter, not harder
- Oversee the development of communications deliverables that align with client and Mixte strategic plans, including but not limited to:
- Marketing and communications plans
- Campaign briefs
- Messaging frameworks
- Audience personas
- Creative assets (videos, gifs, photography, social content, creative campaign elements)
- All forms of written content (think everything from press releases to newsletters and social media posts)
- Define measurement models for project success and review analytics regularly to understand the story the data is telling and translate that to clients and into next steps
- Push the creative envelope and encourage the team to see their creative work as outside-the-box catalysts for social change
- Ensure all work meets Mixte’s standard for quality-of-work
- Cultivate and earn new business for the company. Each director has specific revenue goals for the department as well as outreach goals for each team member to achieve.
- Must have residency in – without exception – one of these states: CA, OR, FL, NY, GA, VA, HI, IL, PA
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing and communications leadership role, either at an agency or in-house at a nonprofit
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills
- Outstanding leadership, program management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Asana, Slack and Google Workspace preferred
- Multilingual, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Vietnamese preferred
READY TO APPLY?
Please send your resume to admin@gomixte(dot)com with the subject line: “Your Next Account Director”, and include a 30-second video explaining why you’re the one for this job. Be specific. Be creative. Be you.
No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications immediately, and will keep our search open until we find the right candidate.