HELLO! NICE TO MEET YOU
We’re a community-driven PR and Digital Marketing agency for changemakers, powered by social justice. We’re a small, mighty, diverse and fully remote team that believes we can use our communications expertise to make a difference in our communities.
COMPENSATION & CULTURE
- Salary for all marketing account managers is set at $80K.
- We offer these outrageously awesome benefits, a four-day work week and a paid winter break between Dec 25 and New Years.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
- Mixte is committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included and respected (see our employee video). We encourage candidates to apply who are from BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities, as well as folks who are from, or who have experience working, in social justice communities.
- Our core values drive everything we do – from the clients we work with to the way we operate as a team. We don’t advertise on Meta platforms, as it actively goes against our values, and we partner with organizations to offer paid job training to the communities that they serve.
- We support every employee through professional development courses mapped to a customized 23-step proprietary program at Mixte.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
- You are dedicated to social justice – both in your local community and broader – and you get fired up reading the news.
- You understand the power of strategic, long-term communications to build trusting audiences and drive them to action, which leads to real change.
- You have already climbed the corporate ladder, or don’t care about the ladder at all, and you’re looking to put your significant experience to work in creating lasting change.
- Your experience working for other employers – both the good and the bad – has allowed you to crystallize exactly what you’re looking for in your next career, and you won’t sacrifice that vision for any job.
- You consider yourself a team player who knows how to think creatively to manage all of the moving pieces of a project to ensure the delivery of high-quality results.
- You have high levels of emotional intelligence and love building relationships with people.
- You’re inspired by the idea of being a part of a small and nimble team where everyone has the opportunity to collaborate and surface ideas without the bureaucracy of larger companies.
- You’re excited by – and have tremendous experience in – remote work, and you know that the perks to enjoy your life far outweigh the challenges in doing good work.
As Account Manager at Mixte, you are responsible for coming up with strategic, creative ideas for client accounts and then breaking down, planning, organizing, and directing the completion of those specific projects for about eight clients. In your role, you will ensure deliverables are on time, on budget, and within scope. Organizing exclusively in Asana, you will translate client meeting notes, emails, strategic plans and other requests into action items and hold the creative teams accountable to meeting deadlines. You will communicate via email, Slack and virtual meetings with internal teams and clients using a “yes, and” framework while also collaborating with and bringing any red flags to the attention of your manager, one of two directors at Mixte.
- Build trust and collaborative relationships with clients.
- Work closely and act as strategic thought partner in collaboration with Communications Director on each client account
- Comfortable managing up to hold teammates at all levels of company accountable to timelines and needs
- Plan, coordinate and oversee a wide variety of tasks with cross-functional teams ensuring all targets and requirements are met and completed on schedule and within budget.
- Manage workloads and utilization for a multidisciplinary creative team, facilitating collaboration and creatively solving inefficiencies to gain consensus and complete a project.
- Ensure all projects are carried out as smoothly as possible and are delivered on time without taking anything away from quality.
- Prioritize which tasks are most important based on the size, scope and timeliness of each task while keeping long-term milestones in sight.
- Determine which employee is best suited for which task and think ahead of the project needs to ensure staff have capacity to complete a project to the best of their ability.
- Exceptional decision-making, organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Implement theories of project management in Asana to ensure all team members and clients understand the flow and expectations for client and company work.
- Work with directors to develop marketing strategy then map out the tasks required to implement that vision.
- Develop and manage complex project timelines, workloads, and deliverables to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-brief.
- Monitor and track all moving parts and players involved to pull off a successful campaign while working in a remote environment.
- Collaborate with Mixte strategists to develop stellar work for clients by pushing the creative envelope, hitting high quality standards, and ensuring creative moves the needle on social justice issues.
- Review and assess incoming requests and briefs and request additional information as needed.
- Schedule, lead and document meetings with creative teams and clients, tracking project progress against goals, objectives and timelines.
- Analyze data and marketing trends to generate content concepts and creative ideas for clients.
- Consume daily news and come fired up with ideas to improve client work.
- Cultivate and earn new business for the company by developing proposals and reaching outreach goals designed for each account manager.
- Located in one of the following states: Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Hawai’i, Oregon or California
- Marketing or PR agency experience required
- 7+ years of project management experience in creative services, advertising, or marketing and a strong understanding of trends in the industry
- Experience in Asana, Slack and Google Workspace
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Organized individual who excels in project planning, scheduling and issue resolution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong comprehension of design workflow and processes
- Resourceful self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Multilingual, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Vietnamese preferred
READY TO APPLY?
Please send your resume to hiram@gomixte(dot)com with the subject line: “Your Next Account Manager”, and include a 30-second video explaining why you’re the one for this job. Be specific. Be creative. Be you.
No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications immediately, and will keep our search open until we find the right candidate.