DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
This person will work in the digital public relations department to help Mixte implement communications strategies, manage clients and work as a team. To be successful, you will continuously elevate your skills at email marketing, grassroots marketing and public relations. If you firmly believe that, “Life is a pitch” and relish the opportunity to use the power of words, the amplification of voices and the importance of community to impact positive change – this is the job for you. Working with the public relations team, you will be a part of the incredible opportunity of taking our digital public relations efforts to a whole new level.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY
Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close representation gaps in the PR and advertising industries, and to actively recruit people from underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage gender diverse people and minority candidates to apply for this role, especially those who have experience with Native American communities.
You see the potential for communications to make the world a better place. You welcome a fast-paced setting, and you feel alive when multiple colleagues need things from you contemporaneously, and you are at the center of figuring it out and getting it done. You believe that maintaining a commitment to strong community values is a critical element of any job in today’s world. You are comfortable working independently in a 100% remote setting, and you understand how and when to ask your colleagues for help and support.
We are a California-based, remote digital marketing company powered by public relations. Our 18 employees believe in doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded in simple principles that meet at the intersection of local business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun. Lots of fun. We’re looking to expand our public relations and digital marketing expertise and this role will help our team grow its capabilities, implement mind-blowing work for our clients, and usher the company into new markets.
Client and Team responsibilities:
- Supporting client meetings
- Building relationships with clients
- Project managing workload by organizing to-dos in Asana and getting work done on time
- Identifying opportunities to ensure the team’s work product maintains a high level of quality
- Ensuring the team’s work is produced in a timely manner
- Assisting with mentoring trainees
Writing, media relations and digital marketing responsibilities:
- Supporting the development of strategies for communications plans
- Building relationships with local to national media, writing and editing releases, blog posts, opinion pieces and pitches
- Implementing social media, public relations, internal communications, email marketing and website management as it pertains to each client
- Pitching, pitching, pitching
- Writing – all sorts of writing
- Ensuring effective weekly and monthly reports to clients
- Teaching and mentoring junior staff on the skills, strategies and attitudes needed to be successful in the career
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in public relations and online communications
- Ability to lead by example and motivate a team
- An understanding of social justice issues
- Independent worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating workloads
- Ability to service a diverse set of clients including advocacy, political, environmental, and business, and including extension-of-staff and public relations clients
- Demonstrated commitment to job completion
- Comfort with video and telecommuting
- Strong client and interpersonal relationships
- Writing and editing
- Leading, mentoring and developing other team members
- Be awesome, be flexible and love what you do
Nice to have
- Relationships within or knowledge of Native American communities or other regions facing social justice challenges.
- Experience in an agency setting and Basecamp project management
- Fluent in English and Spanish, Arabic or Vietnamese
We want to find the right person, so we’ll consider people with:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- On-the-job experience or education related to digital marketing, or
- Any interesting combination of the above three bullets
- CA, OR, IL, NY, GA, FL or HI residence
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is a non exempt position with a range of $20-$22/hour, based on experience
- Complete benefits package including company-matched investments, company-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, company-sponsored disability insurance, vacation, paid holiday break between Dec 25 and New Year’s, 40 hours of sick time, monthly cell phone reimbursement, remote-office investments, Mixte Adventures, and a company culture that will blow your mind.
Tell us why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Submit cover letter, resume and references via the form below. No phone calls, please. We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Mixte provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mixte complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.