You are passionate about creating content in all forms, across digital platforms in earned, owned and paid ways. You love to approach the development of content with a creative mindset that centers the target audience and the goal of the client or campaign overall. On any given day, you could sit down to draft long-form website copy just as easily as a series of social media posts, all on brand and in the voice and tone of the given client.
You have a love of learning, writing, photography, video and communicating in all forms – while not-so-secretly harboring the heart of a teacher and seeing the value of every person on our team and putting them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories to our clients’ various stakeholders and audiences.
You dream of putting your talents to work protecting the people and community around you; of leveraging the power of storytelling across all channels to stand for human rights; of promoting companies who care about their communities and ensuring that all people have the chance to thrive. You’re inspired by the challenge to make impact with project budgets lower than you’re accustomed, and you love the idea of being a part of a small and nimble team.
We are a digital marketing company powered by public relations. Our employees believe in doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded in simple principles that meet at the intersection of local business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY
Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close representation gaps in the PR and advertising industries, and to actively recruit people from underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage gender diverse people and minority candidates to apply for this role.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
This role will work closely with existing teams and company leadership in order to develop strategy and creative campaigns for our clients as well as create more opportunities for our agency to take on detailed and high-quality digital content creation work.
This person will have a vision for creating content that leads to digital engagement and builds passionate, connected communities that bolster social impact. This person will be a solution-oriented, self-starter and someone who’s creative, exceptionally organized and detail oriented, motivated by data, and interested in the overall digital marketing strategy down to the planning, implementation, and data analysis of digital content. This candidate may very well be a unicorn of sorts, with a love for systems and analysis competing equally with a nerding-out bent for creative artistic campaign development – from concept to execution.
- Creating compelling social media content (both written content and visuals, especially short videos) and campaigns for clients and Mixte Communications that engage target audiences and reach objectives
- Drafting email marketing content in the form of newsletters, single-topic emails, fundraising emails and more
- Spearheading long-form content writing projects such as drafting/editing website content, blog posts, appeal letters, opinion pieces, etc.
- Designing and maintaining ad campaign creative across social platforms (including but not limited to TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Creating templates to systemize and streamline the creation of content assets
Content Planning and Management
- Developing and maintaining detailed editorial calendars and plans that align with client needs
- Creating and maintaining brand voice and tone, and style guides
- Translating conversations with clients into compelling content across designated channels
- Ensuring client voice and brand standards are met in all content deliverables with consistency
- Managing digital community on a recurring, frequent basis and building relationships
- Collaborating with creative team on more complex content designs and projects
- Conducting audience research to develop audience personas
- Researching industry and landscape trends to inform content strategy
- Tracking analytics and data and analyzing numbers to determine effectiveness of content
- Using data and analyses to inform decisions about upcoming content
Content Expertise and Learning
- Monitoring current trending topics related to content creation and strategy – particularly on social media platforms
- Hosting training sessions with team to enhance skills and develop collective knowledge
- Support in developing company-wide systems to more effectively manage content creation from conceptualization to aggregation and implementation to measurement
- We want to find the right person, so we’ll consider people with:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in paid social media and digital advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- On-the-job experience or education related to digital marketing, or
- Any interesting combination of the above three bullets
- Experience developing a paid advertising campaign on social media
- Experience using design tools like Photoshop, Lumen5, Canva
- Knowledgeable about content planning, creation and social media management platforms like HeyOrca!, SocialSprout, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of SEO for content writing
- Fantastic internal and external communication/people skills
- Successful in working in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Comfortable with excel, word, powerpoint and Google Suite products
- Organized and dependable
- Must live in CA, OR, HI, NY, FL, GA or IL
NICE TO HAVE
- Relationships within or knowledge of California’s social justice communities or other regions facing social justice challenges
- Knowledge optimizing social media for search and an understanding of how all of these channels work together with advertising
- Experience in an agency setting
- Fluent in English and Spanish, Arabic or Vietnamese
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is a non exempt position with a range of $18-$20/hour, based on experience
- Complete benefits package including company-matched investments, company-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, company-sponsored disability insurance, vacation, paid holiday break between Dec 25 and New Year’s, 40 hours of sick time, monthly cell phone reimbursement, remote-office investments, Mixte Adventures, and a company culture that will blow your mind.
Tell us why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Submit cover letter, resume and references via the form below. No phone calls, please. We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Mixte provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mixte complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.