We are a remote-based digital marketing company powered by public relations. Our employees believe in doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded in simple principles that meet at the intersection of business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun.
Lots of fun.
We’re looking to expand our media relations capacity and are searching for our next Mixte Superstar to help our team grow its capabilities, implement mind-blowing work for our clients, and secure local to national media.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY
Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close representation gaps in the PR and advertising industries, and to actively recruit people from underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage gender diverse people and minority candidates to apply for this role.
Our agency account executive brings at least three years of agency experience to help us implement full communications strategies with a focus on digital communications and public relations. This person will have considerable experience coordinating with clients, presenting concepts, thinking creatively and getting results. In addition to implementing public affairs public relations programs, our account executive will lead some extension-of-staff communication campaigns, including emails, social media, website maintenance, media relations, and internal communications. We are looking for someone who has experience and thrives in an agency setting and who understands the dynamics of internal communication skills and has a commitment to developing top-notch emotional intelligence. The perfect candidate will have relationships within San Diego’s social justice communities and have experience in geographic areas such as City Heights, communities south of I-8, Tijuana or other regions facing social justice challenges.
Reports to: PR manager
- Building and managing client relationships
- Developing and presenting concepts to clients
- Planning and thinking beyond a checked off box
- Managing teammates and mentoring the agency’s next account executives
- Delegating and holding teams accountable to reaching client goals
- Learning to say “no” and managing team’s effort to achieve goals aligned with client budgets
- Practicing and leading with strong emotional intelligence while also helping others tap into their own mastery of their emotions
- Pitching, pitching, pitching — and pitching some more (from local to national media)
- Writing, writing and writing- emails, social media, marketing plans, newsletters, website copy, infographics, releases, brochures, pitches and annual reports (and holding your team to this same standard of writing)
- Organizing work and communications through Basecamp as a primary tool
- Creating media and publicity opportunities
- Development of creative assets and basic videos for presentations or social media
- Cultivating team spirit to get the work done
- Developing strategy in communications plans
- Interviewing and collaborating with clients to uncover stories
- Keeping a pulse on the digital and media worlds around you
- Reporting to clients
- Be awesome, be flexible, be committed to the end result
- Love what you do
Required skills and knowledge:
- At least three years of agency experience is required. More is ideal.
- Client leadership and relationship building
- Organizing priorities and Basecamp communications
- Independent worker and efficiency in a remote setting
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to details
- Fluent in English and ideally in another language such as Spanish, Tagalog, Arabic or similar
- Knowledge in these areas are a plus but not mandatory: HTML, Adobe Design Suites, email software, SEO and WordPress
- Bachelor’s degree
- On-the-job experience or education related to PR or communications industries
Compensation & Culture:
- Compensation based on experience
- You can learn more about our culture, here
Tell us why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Submit cover letter, resume and references via the below form. No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications immediately, and will keep our search open until we find the right candidate.