DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
This person will work in the digital public relations department to help Mixte implement communications strategies, manage clients and work as a team. To be successful, you will continuously elevate your skills at email marketing, grassroots marketing and public relations. If you firmly believe that, “Life is a pitch” and relish the opportunity to use the power of words, the amplification of voices and the importance of community to impact positive change – this is the job for you. Working with the public relations team, you will be a part of the incredible opportunity of taking our digital public relations efforts to a whole new level.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY
Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close representation gaps in the PR and advertising industries, and to actively recruit people from underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage gender diverse people and minority candidates to apply for this role, especially those who have experience with Native American communities.
You see the potential for communications to make the world a better place. You welcome a fast-paced setting, and you feel alive when multiple colleagues need things from you contemporaneously, and you are at the center of figuring it out and getting it done. You believe that maintaining a commitment to strong community values is a critical element of any job in today’s world. You are comfortable working independently in a 100% remote setting, and you understand how and when to ask your colleagues for help and support.
We are a California-based, remote digital marketing company powered by public relations. Our 18 employees believe in doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded in simple principles that meet at the intersection of local business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun. Lots of fun. We’re looking to expand our public relations and digital marketing expertise and this role will help our team grow its capabilities, implement mind-blowing work for our clients, and usher the company into new markets.
Client and Team responsibilities:
- Managing client relationships, building client relationships and courting new client relationships
- Managing Mixte employees—assist with performance reviews and mentoring staff
- Holding all staff and their work product to high levels of quality
- Delegating to and overseeing internal Mixte teams to reach goals and meet deadlines
Writing, media relations and digital marketing responsibilities:
- Developing holistic strategies for marketing and communications plans and implementing them over an extended period of time
- Building relationships with local to national media, writing and editing releases, blog posts, opinion pieces and pitches
- Implementing social media, public relations, internal communications, email marketing and website management as it pertains to each client
- Pitching, pitching, pitching
- Ensuring effective weekly and monthly reports to clients
- Teaching and mentoring junior staff on the skills, strategies and attitudes needed to be successful in the career
- A fearless commitment to accuracy and efficiency
- An intellectual curiosity that keeps you asking questions
- Willingness to embrace “Yes, and” philosophy
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage conflict and find creative and ethical solutions to difficult situations
- Ability to laugh and not take things so seriously
- Experience in public relations and digital marketing
- Independent worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating workloads
- Ability to multitask with a diverse set of clients including advocacy, political, environmental, and business, and including extension-of-staff and public relations clients
- Comfort with video and telecommuting
- Strong client and interpersonal relationships
- Strong writing and ability to edit and provide feedback to achieve really well-written materials
- Leading, mentoring and developing other team members
- Be awesome, be flexible and love what you do
Nice to have
- Relationships within or knowledge of Native American communities or other regions facing social justice challenges.
- Experience in an agency setting and Basecamp project management
- Fluent in English and Spanish, Arabic or Vietnamese
We want to find the right person, so we’ll consider people with:
- 4 to 7 years of experience in communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- On-the-job experience or education related to digital marketing, or
- Any interesting combination of the above three bullets
- CA, OR, IL, NY, GA, FL and HI residence
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is a salaried position beginning at $60,000 annually
- Complete benefits package including company-matched investments, company-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, company-sponsored disability insurance, vacation, paid holiday break between Dec 25 and New Year’s, 40 hours of sick time, monthly cell phone reimbursement, remote-office investments, Mixte Adventures, and a company culture that will blow your mind.
Tell us why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Submit cover letter, resume and references via the form below. No phone calls, please. We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Mixte provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mixte complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.