Alliance Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a nonprofit organization that works to advance health and wellness for people who face significant barriers to better health in San Diego & Imperial counties through funding, convening and advocacy. Since 1982, AHF has worked to advance health equity in the region through strategic grantmaking, impact investing, catalyzing innovation, community collaboration and advocacy.
AHF approached us for support with updating the messaging they use to discuss the important work they have been doing for decades to better align with their shift in priorities to better serve communities through racial justice.
Our goal with the Alliance Healthcare Foundation was to remove the barriers to understanding its work and impact in California’s health equity space created by the technical and industry jargon it used throughout its communications. This also included…
- Establishing Alliance Healthcare Foundation as a thought leader and collaborative partner in the world of philanthropy and advancing health equity.
- Strengthening Alliance Healthcare Foundation’s trust with partners and grantees through values-based messaging and storytelling frameworks.
- Planning Alliance Healthcare Foundation’s rollout of its new messaging and initiative into an organized approach that aligns with time and resources
After auditing Alliance Healthcare Foundation’s existing messaging, website content, and other materials to get a better understanding of their programs, here’s what we did:
- Updated their organizational messaging and brand guidelines
- Provided suggested updates to their website content and copy
- Designed streamlined email & presentation templates to maintain brand consistency
- Designed a roll out plan which included a messaging and elevator pitch training for the AHF staff and board
Once we landed on the final messaging, Mixte facilitated consensus-building conversations with the organization’s staff to buy into the new framework; and helped implement various elements of the roll out plan – taking an important step in Alliance Healthcare Foundation’s transparent and accountable journey as a philanthropic leader committed to undoing inequities at their source.