We’re excited to announce that Mixte Communications took home FOUR awards at the 2022 Anvil Awards! Wins included three trophies for our work together with Funders Together to End Homelessness San Diego (FTEHSD) and the award of excellence for best boutique agency.
Mixte and FTEHSD – a joint effort of funders that invest in effective systems change to end homelessness – collaborated on a yearlong, multi-faceted research campaign to advance public understanding by determining which messaging most effectively helps San Diegans consider housing as a solution to homelessness. The campaign had tremendous impact, resulting in a much greater social media reach than anticipated, a live communications training of community partners and meetings with city and county elected officials centered around adopting the key points into their messaging.
FTEHSD and Mixte won Bronze Anvils in the following categories:
- National Bronze Anvil: Research/Evaluation (2022)
- National Bronze Anvil: Best Use of Data/Analytics (2022)
- National Award of Commendation Bronze Anvil: Most Effective Paid Promotion (2022)
For a recap on the campaign and how we did it, read through this blog post!
In addition to being recognized for our work together with FTEHSD, Mixte also received the national award of excellence as 2021’s best boutique agency.
Last year, for the first time, Mixte won national recognition – 10 national awards for our social justice work. Our team also arrived at the national scene presenting on our work in front of national audiences at PRSA’s national ICON conference as well as through the professional development programming for national organizations like the Hispanic PR Association.
Mixte also put our values into action throughout 2021:
- 100% of the team agreed that Mixte matches its values with actions and that our clients match those values, too
- We brought in expert community speakers to help us learn about community issues, including a diversity expert to discuss Digital Blackface
- We created and launched “We All Belong,” an educational and fundraising effort to support AAPI communities in the wake of increased violence and racism
- We provided pro bono support to the upstart San Diego API Coalition to help it address rising hate against API communities and to the Central San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce in its effort to raise $1 million to start Black-owned businesses that were not getting equitable access to business protections loans.
Now, more than ever, strategic, nationwide communications are necessary to amplify the voices of our bold leaders. If you would like to work with us, drop us a note here. Or, to stay in the know with the latest Mixte happenings and receive our free resources and actionable tips, sign up for our Weekly Tips alert below.